Green Farmhouse is a former Farmhouse built in the 16th century, set in the Rural Kentish Village of Lower Halstow on the edge of the River Swale. The property was once a farmers dwelling until 1881 when it became the local Brickfields Manager’s accommodation until 1966 when the brickworks closed since then it has been an Antique shop then a private home until it was purchased by Chris and Carol Haines in 2014 and after a 2 year restoration it has now opened its doors as a Bed and Breakfast accommodation. This period property has many beams throughout and it is thought that the framework of the building was produced from broken down ships timbers claimed from the nearby Chatham Dockyard. It is said that King Charles II planted the Mulberry tree in the Garden while passing through Lower Halstow on his way home to London, having landed at Queenborough. Just a short stroll away is the Award winning Public House and Restaurant The Three Tuns, highly recommended if you are looking for somewhere to enjoy lunch or an evening meal, it is rumoured that there was a smugglers' tunnel linking the properties but unfortunately this was not discovered during the renovation. The area is a haven for walkers and birdwatchers and there is a Public Golf course just 2 miles away, situated close to the A2 there are excellent transport links for a day trip to London, Canterbury or even France. Ideal location for a relaxing retreat, over night stop or a base to visit the many sights the Garden of England has to offer. A warm welcome and an excellent breakfast using local produce wherever possible is guaranteed. Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate children under the age of 12 or pets.